Saturday, August 24, 2013

Strawberry-Banana Parfait

So today I tried making my own parfait. It was really tasty and I liked it a lot, but  in the future I will try creating and or using a better recipe than this one. C'mon give me some slack this was my first one. :) Okay so let's get started.

Ingredients:

  • Frozen Fruit of your choice (I used strawberries)
  • Vanilla Coconut Milk
  • Trader Joe's Coconut Cream
  • 1Cup of Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1/2 Tbs Chia Seeds
  • 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • A Pinch Nutmeg
  • 2 Cups of Soy Milk (or you could use almond milk)
  • Grapes (Left), Blueberries (Right)- It depends on how much you would like.
  • 1/2 Cup of Granola

Directions:
  1. Make the Healthy Ice Cream (which is in the middle) the night before. Here is the link to make that.
  2. Next you take a fairly large bowl and pour your Old Fashioned Oats in.
  3. Then you add the Soy Milk, Chia Seeds, Vanilla Extract, and Nutmeg.
  4. Place your overnight oats in a jar or bowl to sit in the refrigerator for the night.- Covered or uncovered, it doesn't matter.
  5. The next morning your oats should be thick, so you can pour the Ice Cream on top of the oats.
  6. Next add your fruit- I added blueberries in the picture above.
  7. Finally top off your parfait with granola and a spoon. | Enjoy! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...